Please don't wipe your boogers on me
Boogers are funny little things. Everyone has 'em. Everyone picks 'em out of their nostrils. And everyone has to wipe them somewhere. But please, (please for the love of all mankind & good ol' common courtesy), don't wipe yours on me.
I know, I know. There are a lot of different analogies we can come up with here...
Don't wipe your bad mood into my happy space.
Don't scatter your doom & gloom on my optimistic outlooks.
Don't smother your criticism onto my efforts for improving.
Don't rub your personality disorder in my sanity.
Don't pummel your dirty habits into my eternal soul.
Don't smear your snideness on my uncertainty.
Don't dispense your rudeness around my difference of opinion.
Don't project your whiney complaints and self-pity into my attempts at a friendly conversation.
And while this might seem like I am using this blog to complain about people and their irritating negative actions, I am. Just like sticky Boogers, we each deal with our own negativity each day....just some of us don't tend to wipe it all over everyone else.
So why do most people understand that the wiping of Boogers is not socially acceptable (or kind to say the least), but so few seem to grasp the concept of negative energy and actions being socially unacceptable and incredibly unkind??
Boogers come off in a matter of seconds, usually with just plain water (or even just a flick of your fingernails) and a bit of soap or sanitizer if you're concerned about the invisible lingering germs. Negative energy is a bit tougher to eliminate. Ever had to start your day with hearing an unkind comment? How about bad news? A disappointment? Yelling? Rudeness? Cattiness? A head cold with...congestion?? How long does it take you to recover? Are you even able to recover some days? No simple solution of flicking, rinsing, or sudsing will eliminate what's been wiped, smothered, projected, and dispelled onto your sleeve, forehead, or heart.
So I say it's time for a change. Start now, start exactly where you are as you finish reading this sentence. No more Booger wiping today. Or tomorrow. Or the next day. When you're the victim, flick away. Recognize the snot-composed balls of goop for what they are, and don't be the continued spreader of snot.
The result? All in all, a cleaner and more sanitary (as well as sane) environment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, I wrote about boogers today in my ever so addictive blog. I love you. Thanks for all of your inspiration.
ReplyDelete