Blog Block Blot Blob
So I'm having blog block & I know why...which in & of itself is annoying. Simply put, I'm out of practice & under pressure! Journal-writing has hit an all-time low for me, and I'm dealing with the pressure of accepting that my entries can be read by others. I'm still in the two-years-ago mindset that my journal can and should be stashed under the bed, away from literate eyes. & seriously...I still struggle with the age-old 'I don't have anything worth reading to write,' which I know will be refuted by my family members (but it's still there.)
I was an avid journal writer from the time I was 13 years old or so, and I have 15+ fullsize volumes to prove it. In the last few years, I've traded my journal therapy for my husband's conversation and companionship, (right on!) and am nothing but grateful for the opportunity & actuality of that switch. Journals are important, though, and ideally I would still be keeping a written record of my new and improved life. I've thrown in recent excuses like shift work, low energy levels, daily muscle pains, a newfound interest in and addiction to PC video games (the most pathetic of the excuses, but the most fun), job searching & interviews for a non-shiftwork job, along with the still-present desire to be with my husband in my free time, and my journal-writing priority has plunged to the depths of...somewhere down there in the shelving units of prioritization. But I still recognize I have plenty of time available to be blogging or writing or whatever journaling would entail for me now. If I'll just use it. The big IF.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You'll find yourself finding things in your life that are "blogworthy". And then you'll need a digital camera to capture some of those moments, and then, you'll need a bigger and better blog, and then you'll get published. You're amazing you know. I'm proud of you! (And you figured out how to blog without any help! Bravo!!)
ReplyDelete