IT'S OVER!!!
While I was completing my final 911 shift, I kept having a certain line run through my head: IT'S OVER!!! And it's not just any IT'S OVER!!!, it's a very specific one. To check it out, you'll have to watch a cartoon first.
A: go to the link below
B: select Toons at the bottom of the screen
C: select Teen Girl Squad
D: enjoy them all
E: then check out the rest of the site and laugh, cry, pass gass . . . whatever you most enjoy.
www.homestarrunner.com
Or for a shortcut for the 1st Teen Girl Squad Toon, just go straight to
http://www.homestarrunner.com/tgs1.html
Anyway, it's made me smile and laugh all night long. And when it finally was OVER!!! I was smiling all the way to my car in the dark rainy parking lot. And driving home. And coming in and talking to my still-awake husband at 3:40 in the freakin AM, conversing about the fact that I will never again have to work shift work. EVER. everevereverever.
Unless I want to, & then I might need committed.
But here's the amazing thing. If you actually got through the book of my last entry, you know the job has it's agonizing, irritating, and frustrating aspects. But I feel it imperative that I also mention the quality of people you can find in a center like 911.
They are OUTSTANDING.In so many ways. They are witty beyond reason. They work HARD (and play hard). They are beautifully, practically, wisely down-to-earth. They are utterly professional without being aloof and formal. They cuss loud and laugh deeply. They will go the extra mile for you. And they know how to show appreciation.One of the on-duty supervisors bought me a dozen red roses. Another supervisor gave me a Best Wishes card and a pen. Bunches of employees signed a Goodbye & Good luck card. And a co-worker brought in a gift.While I ended up being held yesterday for mandatory overtime from 3AM-5AM (staffing was too low) & I wasn't able to leave early tonight like I had requested last week (staffing was too short), I still received more than I ever would have imagined.
I expected a simple smile & 'We'll miss you being here to help with staffing!' and was blown away by the overwhelming generosity, support, and kindness given.Leaving this time has been a really good separation. (Even one of my callers gave me a specific compliment that almost made me cry -- those are really rare, by the way).
And the greatest part is moving forward into another phase with no regrets and a ton of gratitude and hope. I look at a regular dayshift with weekends and holidays off as a HUGE blessing, and am REALLY excited to have time off to go camping with my husband! And I'm really happy to be so joyous when I realize (for the 2nd time in my career)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment