Normal
Something strange has occurred in the last few weeks. I feel . . . normal. Normal to be single, normal to be a roommate, normal to be going to a Singles' Ward, normal talking about dating, normal GOING on a date, normal thinking there are some very cute & good guys out there.
& it's WEEIRD.
Cool, but weird.
Tuesday night I went to the (Mesa) temple and watched a few minutes of the Easter Pageant practice before heading to a singles' activity which I opted not to stay for the entirety of.
I was able to hang out with my sister & her (OUR) friend Susan on Wednesday.
Thursday I stayed home relaxing until I got mad at the plot of Smallville. Then I stayed home being ticked off at the world of Smallville and the injustice of that stupid storyline.
& this weekend, my friend Karen & I had a ball. Her kids were camping with dad by a lake, and I felt absolutely spoiled, getting to usurp her time for two whole days. Dinner, movie, quilt auction, and dinner again.
& today, church talks were fantastic, I taught the Relief Society lesson, chatted with a few people, thought about enjoying Institute last week because it was Institute & a place to feel peaceful & strengthened (not just be freaked out cuz of how many SINGLE people there are), and realized: Church is becoming that same way for me.
I visited my Visiting Teaching girls, and had fun. Good conversations. Served in the temple cafeteria on Saturday, and had fun.
I'm getting excited about the prospect of dating some of the guys I have run into on a regular basis. Excited about working a regular day-shift job with weekends, evenings, and holidays off, while I'm single (I was always working shift-work before). Excited about the future, whatever it holds. & happy to be alive & be me & have all the opportunities I do.
It's great to feel normal again.
Holy-Hot-Tamales Great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You? Normal? Not by a long shot, and I hope never. Of course you mean something completely different about not feeling akward being single. Still, I don't know if normal will ever be the right adjective for you, I've seen you and my wife after those infamous Wal-mart trips.
ReplyDelete