I asked my home teachers for a priesthood blessing last week to help me through the upcoming weeks (annulment & its aftermath). --Especially cuz the temple is closed for its yearly cleaning for the next 3 weeks. I have gained a huge amount of strength, peace, and comfort by attending, and am so grateful for the chance to live so close and attend as often as I want.
Today in the mail I got a card from my home teacher thanking me for giving him the chance to use the priesthood & letting me know that he sensed the Lord has been by my side through the whole ordeal. He also said that he will be sending me a chapter in a book which I may find comforting.
I'm bah-wling. For many reasons, but most of all for the gratitude I have toward a worthy priesthood holder who went the extra mile to send a card which has additionally blessed my heart, and is going another mile sending something more which can offer further comfort and learning. I don't know which book or what the chapter will be on, but to me, this is something a father might do for his daughter who was going through a difficult time.
& that's something I've never had the honor of experiencing.
It means
A LOT
to this heart & girl.
More than words can express.Anyway, to any fathers &/or priesthood holders who might read this, never underestimate the power of acting in the Lord's name and going the extra mile to share the Lord's love. It is one of the greatest gifts a person can receive.
& now on to my gratitude list.
Things I am Thankful for:
Honesty
Friendship
Love
Kindness
Kindness
Kindness
Acceptance
A listening, sympathetic ear rather than unsolicited advice.
A job
A place to live
A car to drive
pets
nieces (K, E, B)
nephews (S, J, N, J, T, S)
brothers (H, P)
sisters (K, K)
aunts & uncles (B&C)
mom
dad
the opportunity to have been a wife
the opportunity to love someone with all my heart & know they won't walk away tomorrow
the opportunity to grow
My Savior
My Heavenly Father
scriptures
wisdom
authors
their books
self-help sections
the ability to learn
the Temple
peace
comfort
rain
cloudy days
thunder
lightning
ponds
lakes
rivers
waterfalls
Hawaii
snow ice cream
Turkey stuffing
good health
computers
internet
blog-world
good pillows
a good mattress
my teddy bear (who turned 20 years old this year)
"Keep your faith and above all be you!"
miracles
a living, modern-day Prophet
his words
Les Miserables
Air Supply
Metallica
Enya
sand between my toes
the beach
hot water heaters
light
electricity
trees
job postings
co-workers who become some of your dearest friends
'dearest friends' being further defined as forever
city of mesa - where I have meant most of my dearest friends
eastern arizona college - where I met the others
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - where I learned about my Father in Heaven, my Savior, His Atonement for me, and the purpose of this life.
the concept & reality of family - ohana
toothy grins
solid hugs
gratitude tears
laughing
hope
tomorrow
today
yesterday
grass green
sunshine yellow
Grandma Olivia
lineage
heritage
posterity
ancestors
annulments
marriages
covenants
handsfree for cellphones
disney cartoons
the restored power of God on earth
Home Teachers
Visiting Teaching
cotton
quilts
tampons
sunglasses
cartwheels
swimming pools
Arizona
education
America
those who fight for their countries
language
striving
finding joy & contentment in each day
a day to celebrate all that we are grateful for - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I laughed at the tampons, too. Thanks for making me laugh after 2 days of rainy weather!
ReplyDelete