Monday, November 27, 2006

So I'm giving myself a 'free-write' as they were called in high school. No topic, no 'rules' to follow - just the specific task of writing for 10 minutes. I kinda miss these.
I had a rough day today. Emotionally spent, physically crappy, mentally all over the place. I didn't feel like myself very much at all. My heart was weepy, and my head was physically hurting and I struggled staying focused & not constantly thinking about my court hearing in two days. Worrying. Getting frustrated cuz I was worrying about something that will be resolved and which worrying won't help. Sighing cuz I realized I didn't need to beat myself up over worrying - it's normal. Trying to focus on the current task at hand. Getting annoyed that my muscles all hurt. Getting tired & worn out. Then being weepy again. and frustrated. and sigh-y.

I have visited my husband's dad & stepmom, and grandparents over the weekend. Kinda tough to do, but I'm so glad I did. I stopped by his mom's house tonight to say goodbye, but she wasn't home, and I searched another 5 stores looking for a specific type of black jacket (denim has been outlawed at my work, so the hunt is on for a new jacket).
On my way home, I called a friend from my previous job who I've been meaning to get in touch with & let her know about the updated situation of me. We laughed - she shared stories about immense drama which has been going on the lives of her close friends & loved ones. We shared "that sucks" & "I'm so sorries" and then we laughed. I'm convinced that there should always be a hilariously riotous moment in everyone's life as a consolation to any huge stress, tradgedy, calamity, or sorrow. Really.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the rough day. Hope tomorrow goes well. Glad that you could laugh at the end of the day. I have had the last two days off work, and have been able to pick up the boys from school. That has been fun, to see them come out excited, and whating to share about their day. Keep the great attitude.

    ReplyDelete