What Heaven Sees
‘Shingles’ wards are now officially part of my past; no longer my present or future. I’m old enough that I’m attending the family wards now. And since I recently moved, I’m only 3 weeks into my new ward, so I’m getting ‘warmed up’ to the feel of the ward, the dynamics of the families, and awaiting my ward calling. I’ve been hoping that whatever calling I receive, that it will involve the youth. I miss families. I miss kids. I miss feeling like I get to live & give part of the mother-heart I possess. Thinking about my personal preference right now, I wanted to be in primary. And I wasn’t very keen on being in Young Womens. No real specific reason other than the girl-world can be a bit much for me sometimes.
Last week, the Young Women’s program was put on in my new ward.
I forgot they had those.
The girls stood up and recited their parts. I saw personalities and strength and struggling and beauty. I saw insecurity, indifference, depth, sweetness, shyness, and boldness. I saw friendship, support, smiles, nerves, and confidence. I remembered those years and feelings, and how brave you have to be every day as a teenager.
Then they sang a song. Me & songs…they’re powerful for me.
I teared up during this song, sung by sweet young voices. I remembered how my testimony had grown as I felt the spirit and God's love as I sang specific songs when I was younger, and felt my adult testimony strengthen as I heard the chorus repeated.
The song has been in my head the last 3 days. I tear up, even today, when I read or hear the chorus and especially the last stanza in the song. It’s been a rough road, but I understand today, more than ever before, the worth I possess as a daughter of God. And my heart is filled with gratitude for a Heavenly Father who looks down and angels that surround, and for their belief in me and all I can do. And I pray to keep these eyes to see what Heaven sees in me.
"What Heaven Sees In You - audio".
‘Shingles’ wards are now officially part of my past; no longer my present or future. I’m old enough that I’m attending the family wards now. And since I recently moved, I’m only 3 weeks into my new ward, so I’m getting ‘warmed up’ to the feel of the ward, the dynamics of the families, and awaiting my ward calling. I’ve been hoping that whatever calling I receive, that it will involve the youth. I miss families. I miss kids. I miss feeling like I get to live & give part of the mother-heart I possess. Thinking about my personal preference right now, I wanted to be in primary. And I wasn’t very keen on being in Young Womens. No real specific reason other than the girl-world can be a bit much for me sometimes.
Last week, the Young Women’s program was put on in my new ward.
I forgot they had those.
The girls stood up and recited their parts. I saw personalities and strength and struggling and beauty. I saw insecurity, indifference, depth, sweetness, shyness, and boldness. I saw friendship, support, smiles, nerves, and confidence. I remembered those years and feelings, and how brave you have to be every day as a teenager.
Then they sang a song. Me & songs…they’re powerful for me.
I teared up during this song, sung by sweet young voices. I remembered how my testimony had grown as I felt the spirit and God's love as I sang specific songs when I was younger, and felt my adult testimony strengthen as I heard the chorus repeated.
The song has been in my head the last 3 days. I tear up, even today, when I read or hear the chorus and especially the last stanza in the song. It’s been a rough road, but I understand today, more than ever before, the worth I possess as a daughter of God. And my heart is filled with gratitude for a Heavenly Father who looks down and angels that surround, and for their belief in me and all I can do. And I pray to keep these eyes to see what Heaven sees in me.
"What Heaven Sees In You - audio".
What Heaven Sees In You
Sent to this earth, you were saved through the ages for this day and time.
Child of great worth, child of promise, daughter of the divine;
Pure and holy, in a little white dress
You were held in a circle and you were blessed.
And the Father looked down and the angels surrounded that place.
They knew the truth—all that you could do
And you will too if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you.
Dressed in white once more, making promises to follow in God's way.
So much lies in store for the little girl who enters at the gate.
Pure and holy, in a little white dress
You were led into the water and you were blessed.
And the Father looked down and the angels surrounded that place.
They knew the truth—all that you could do
And you will too if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you.
Do you understand who you are?
Part of the Father lives in you.
And if you continue on this path
Every promise God has given will come true.
Heaven on earth, in the House of God so much fills your heart and mind.
Woman of great worth, woman of promise, daughter of the divine;
Pure and holy, in a long white dress
You promise forever and you are blessed.
And the Father looks down and the angels surround that place.
They know the truth—all that you can do
And you do too, 'cause you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you.
Will you have eyes to see what heaven sees in you?
©2001 Doug Walker & Sherry Marks Walker
: ) I really wouldn't mind being in Young Womens.
And whatever I'm asked to do, I'm excited for the chance to serve and love and grow.

I too love the YW and the impact that you can have on lives forever. Any organization will be very blessed to have you as part of it...
ReplyDeleteThe lyrics to that song are beautiful...I'm trying to listen to it.
I'm pretty sure Mindy Gledhill is doing a benefit concert for NieNie on the 25th of Oct. there in Mesa. If you want, I'll look for the deets.
I'll be in Silver City with you on the 25th....silly girl!
ReplyDeleteGreat song! I think that music can be one of the strongest things in life. I have used music to help me through hard time, or just to remember I am a daughter of God. I just love LDS music! (P.S. I would sooo want you as my leader)
ReplyDeleteI agree! Music is incredibly powerful. and I would LOVE to be your leader!! ; )
ReplyDeleteAlas, I'm a Family History Consultant...not exactly YW's or Primary, but good all the same!
ReplyDelete