Thursday, December 07, 2006

Over

The annulment is finalized. Name changes have been made for the most part. In-laws have been said goodbye to. New driver's license. New social security card. New name plate at work.
Emotionally it's been rough - I feel zoned out. a lot. Physically, my body is crashing after being on high-alert for so long, so I'm exhausted. a lot.
I've been given wise advice to actually avoid anyone who is going through or has gone through a similar issue (divorce/annulment/similar-type issues which have been involved) and this is to allow me to HEAL. Healthily. Not taking on someone else's issues & negative emotions when I am simply needing to heal from my own trauma. 6 months' time. No relationships. Just healing. Dating is fine. Relationships not allowed.
Before I received the advice, I didn't really know where I stood on all these decisions. They were 'there'. But once they were suggested, I immediately recognized the wisdom in them. While a part of me will be drawn (& will draw) those in similar circumstances, that is not where I need to be & what I need to be doing right now. I need to learn how to accomodate healing & allow myself the chance to heal fully. Kindly. Securely. Safely.
No roller-coasters of emotions & circumstance. No room for re-heartbreak & pain. Just a place where I am dedicated to those things which give me peace, joy, and fulfillment. 6 months. Not a time to waver & make exceptions to the rule. Not a time to experiment & see if it really works or not. But a time to have ultimate trust in my God, myself, and those who have much more expertise in this area than I do. & in starting this journey of healing, I will then be able to not only heal as a stronger, brighter, better person, but I can also help others to know how to heal.

Exciting, I must say.
I gain great joy & peace & hope in the knowledge that my heart will be somewhere safe & secure & protected. NO-FEAR-type feeling. & knowing that after those 6 months are finished, I will have gained additional great strength & promise for the future. With no additional relationship scars, wounds, or bruises to hinder my emotional well-being.
Knowing is the first part, believing is the second, doing is the third, and enduring is the fourth. All good things!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:54 AM

    What fabulous advice...
    I had a dream about meeting R.S. last night.
    I was very anxious to make a good impression on her.
    She rocks.

    And I love that you KNOW this is the right advice for you.

    Go to it sistah!

    ReplyDelete