Once Upon a Time
Isn't that how all good stories begin? Mine is no exception. Really. It just hasn't finished yet.
So two-and-a-half weeks ago, my world turned upside down & has since been falling apart. Weirdly (but so not-weirdly) I have been okay and balanced and still upright. It's like one of those children's toy balls where there's a rod through the middle of the ball with a smaller figure attached in the very middle. As many times as you turn the ball and roll it and twist it, the figure inside (may wobble for a bit) but it stays upright. It adapts. Quickly. Every time. And the only way that would change is if the figure lost what kept it upright and balanced - a special anchor at it's foundation.
Now seriously, it's weird that I'm thinking of this analogy because I don't have kids yet, I've never owned one of those toys, and I've really only seen them a handful of times in my life. But the principle of the way it works is building my testimony today. I have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as my anchor. & no matter what happens outside myself, no matter how close it is to my personal world & environment, the anchor is there for me, helping me to right myself and be in the right position to handle what is ahead and to see clearly - to be looking and facing in the right direction. It feels good. And I feel strengthened.
Now back to that 'Once upon a time'. It is real. This story you're building and writing each day is yours. What you do, every day, every time you come to a decision, builds your character and plot. If there is anything I would encourage each of you to do today, it would be to be honest. With yourself. With your loved ones. With God. Be honest, and pray for courage and strength to be true. Face your demons, whatever they may be. Be a true character with weaknesses, with heartaches, with struggles and trials and sorrows. Let us love you for who you really are, let us cheer for you for the battles you are really fighting and challenges you are really facing. Let us fight next to you, with you. Let us share tears with you and not just for you. These are the characters we find so much inspiration in and who change our lives and hearts - beautifully, even as they are changing themselves.
But you must be true and honest. If not, you are only building a spider-web version of the reality which should exist. The life which is so tangible, so immensely fulfilling, and so amazingly joyful. A world which will not crumble, will not be destroyed, and which will indeed withstand all that this mortal world and Satan's efforts can throw at it. A foundation to build your forever-dreams on and which will surely become your reality because you have poured your whole self in, and not just nice ideas or a pretty picture of what is hoped for or expected. You have put Yourself in - the raw materials of your heart, soul, mind, and will, which are imperfect, yes, but which are REAL and therefore something to be worked with and improved upon.
This story, this world, this dream, this reality - it is something I have fought for through all my life and which I continue to fight passionately for. Be Yourself. Be True. Be Honest. Be who You are Meant to Be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amazing, thank you for writing.
ReplyDeleteYour words are powerful.
ReplyDeleteWe will all be better if we heed them.
I'm so glad I know you.
And you know that I linked you on my blog too...just so you know (again).