Thursday, March 26, 2009

A favorite New Quote

As a teenager, I developed an addiction…I became a quote-junkie. Even before my teenage years, I remember looking through a cookbook of my grandma’s and finding little ‘pearls of wisdom’ on the bottom of many of the pages. Then I discovered some of her books which were collections of short stories, poems, and some quotes. At a youth church activity, one of our leaders showed us a box of quotes and stories she had collected over the years, and at this point, I was officially hooked. I sat with paper and pen and copied as many of the quotes from her collection that I could in our 3 hours together, and then begged her to let me take some home so I could copy more. In high school English, we had daily quotes to copy, and would often have to journal about them. In college, I discovered published books dedicated to quotations, and would sit for hours in the library pouring over the quotes that were actually ORGANIZED into themes, smiling at the quotes that echoed things I felt, and ‘ahhh’ing at the ones that taught me a new perspective, idea, or bit of wisdom. I wrote & wrote & wrote…


I now have folders jam-packed with quotes I’ve copied onto notebook papers over approximately 20 years! One of my favorite past-times is still finding quotes (and it’s much easier with the internet!)…but since the internet is so accessible and easy to search with, I rarely write my quotes down any longer.

I did, however find one worth writing. It’s a new favorite for this time in my life:

Never frown, even when you are
sad,

because you never know who

is falling in love with your
smile.
--Justine Milton

I actually found multiple sources for whoever said this, so whoever the credit goes to, IT’S AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment