Monday, June 02, 2008

9-9-07

I ran across this poem I had written in a notebook dated 9-9-07. It made me smile tonight. : )

Why me?
Why choose me?
Of all the pretty smiles and attractive faces in the room -
Why pick me?
What do I have to offer you?

Sell yourself to me.
Now - go:
Begin.
I'm waiting.

Why am I doing this?
Why am I playing this game?
I shouldn't have to to sell myself.
This is ridiculous.
But I'm here involuntarily voluntarily.
& I can't leave unless I can fall in love
MUTUALLY.
Enough to want to be married.
And then actually do it.
Honestly -
It's a miracle this ever happens.
*sigh*
Here goes:

I could tell you all the facts -
the town I grew up in,
where my family lives,
how many siblings,
where I fit in,
where I work,
where I live,
what kind of music and food I like,
& what I like to do for fun.
But here's what's important to me:
I LOVE the gospel.
I want to be righteous and faithful every day
for the rest of my life.
I'm imperfect -
but I always keep trying.
Life can be tough
But I'm tougher - because I have God
and the Atonement of His Son
on my side.
The Spirit is my companion.
He still will be even when I marry.
I want children.
I want a warm, happy home.
I don't cook fantastically -
but I do alright.
More importantly, I want to be better.
I want to be great!
And I want to love being in the kitchen.
I'm usually patient.
And I want to be moreso.
I enjoy family gatherings.
& I think my family is highly dysfunctional.
But still good.
I love the outdoors.
I love being active.
I want to take starlit walks with the person I love.
I want to support my husband.
Emotionally. Physically. Spiritually.
Not monatarily.
I want my home and family to be my career.
I want to be available
AT HOME
for my children and husband as the world becomes more sinister.
I want to pray morning & night with my husband.
I want to read scriptures together
I want to have spiritual discussions.
I want to attend the temple together
Regularly.
I want to serve a mission with my spouse later in life.
At least one.
I want to serve in the temple.
I want to teach my children
to love the Lord
to love to work
how to achieve goals
how to be strong and righteous.
I want to climb mountains
and bicycle
as a family.
I want to learn how to cook the Thanksgiving turkey
and have family traditions.
I want to be there for my spouse
through the good and bad of life.
I want to never have to walk away again.
I want to sing hymns as lullabies
and memorize Beatles songs.
I want trees in the yard
- climbing trees -
& grass.
I want happy loungey evenings sometimes.
I want interesting dinner topics
including what you did today
- I mostly want conversation at dinner
together
all around.
I want to greet my husband with a kiss each morning
as we wake from slumber.
Ignore the bad breath - the kiss is imperative.
I want to kiss goodbye
and hug hello - all the time.
Kissing hello works too.
But that hug...
that's a miracle-worker.
I want to hold my husband
when he breaks down
and I want to be held by him
when I do.
I want to come 2nd in my husband's life-
God 1st, then me.
That's imperative to me.
I want to grow
and strengthen,
and I want to do that in marriage.
My favorite cereal right now is Cinnamon Life
or Grape Nuts.
Green is my favorite color.
I'm not too picky about flowers -
but lilies
or white roses
have special meaning to me right now.
I love tulips most of all
& I still sleep with my teddy bear.
& I LOVE camping.
What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment